Furry Forum United
Please login or register to have full access of the Forum.
Furry Forum United
Please login or register to have full access of the Forum.
Furry Forum United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's a forum for Furries, Balto Fans and ADGTH Fans.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Info

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
crazyBalto
Admin
Admin
crazyBalto

Character sheet
Specie: Wolfdog
Level: 350
Class: Sled Dog Racer

General Info Empty
PostSubject: General Info   General Info EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:50 pm

Balto is an animated film, released in 1995 and produced by the Universal / Amblimation studios.
The film follows such films as An American Tail or Land Before Time from the same studio, which share common points with the Disney animated films, and were released during the golden age of traditional western animation.
The story of Balto deals with wolves and dog sledding, and is based on true facts that happened in 1925 in Nome, Alaska, where diphteria, a fatal disease, occured.
Two low-budget sequels to Balto have been released to date, being direct-to-video sequls unlike the original.
This site aims to give the growing Balto fan community everything to share their passion!

Balto is a feature-length film, produced by the Amblimation studios from Steven Spielberg, known for several other animated films such as "An American Tail", "Fievel Goes West" or "Land Before Time".
Released in 1995 in the USA, and mid-1996 in Europe, the movie didn't attract the crowd and didn't encounter the deserved success. That's the reason it is not much known compared to Disney or even Dreamworks movies, and yet...
Based on real facts, this cartoon relate the story of Balto, a brave sled dog, who brought back an antidiphtheria serum in order to save children, in Alaska (1925).
Many famous people have taken part in it, starting with Spielberg of course, as an executive producer (besides, we can even see a wink to "ET" in Balto), Simon Wells as the director/producer, and James Horner as the soundtrack composer (" Titanic ", " Braveheart ", " Alien "...and all the other Amblimation movies)
Nowadays, Amblimation has disappeared, in fact just after the release of this film, and the studios had been retaken with the help of an old Disney director for the conception of another animated movie, "The Prince of Egypt". And so was born Dreamworks...
General Info Balto-banner4
Back to top Go down
http://furryforumunited.forum-express.net
Teresa73
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Teresa73

General Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Info   General Info EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:56 pm

Balto was one of the best animated movies of all time, I mean, really. There wheren't THAT many bloopers, and the story was great. And it was based off a real thing. I rate it 10 out of 10, 10 being the best. Then the ratings, according to me, plummeted greatly. The real Balto was fixed, so that went wrong. The story was, well, odd. Aleu's voice was like totally bad, and the animation was trash! Dang, if Universal can afford 13 Land Before Time's, they should be able to afford better animators!( Yes, 13. Another one came out on Tuesday.) I'd have to give WQ a 5. Let me think about my rating for WoC...., um, well, 0, zip, nothing! O.K., fine, I'll give it a 2. My fellings toward Stella is pure hatred. All I know is that I want her so dead. The moose were idiots, should I say more? Animation stunk. But Duke was O.K. IF they make a Balto 4, I hope I can give it AT LEAST an 8 for cryin' out loud!
Back to top Go down

General Info
Page 1 of 1